District Sales Manager (Shivvers) - Northeastern Territory
Date Posted: 8/23/2023
Location: Northeast USA
Shivvers Mfg. has an exciting opportunity for a District Sales Manager (DSM) to join its sales team in delivering exceptional dealer support throughout the Northeastern US territory, to include IN, MI, OH, PA, MD, NY and states north. For more than 55 years, Shivvers has been the recognized leader in designing and manufacturing Counter-Flow Grain Drying Technology. Today, Shivvers offers a full line of automated Grain Handling and Drying Equipment to help farmers maximize profits.
Brief Description of Job:
The DSM plays a key role in building dealer relationships by working with existing dealers to develop and facilitate sales, assist with product and service training, and build customer relationships that drive market share and loyalty within the territory. They collaborate with dealer sales personnel to explain the advantages of our products and often support dealers in customer meetings to assist in matching Shivvers products to customers’ needs & closing opportunities. They are a key member of the local territory and work closely with the internal Sales and Marketing teams to execute local strategies to enhance brand recognition and generate sales. In addition to assisting existing dealers, the DSM also manages the territory by identifying and adding dealers in areas where more presence is needed.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Add value for Shivvers Dealer Network by cultivating a business relationship that allows growth and success for both Shivvers and the dealership.
- Provide wholegoods product sales & operation training on local basis.
- Support dealers in planning, executing and following up with customer opportunities - with focus on making dealer sales professionals self-sufficient in the sales process.
- Support dealers with customer visits with the intent to build relationships, collect VoC information, & ensure customer/dealer satisfaction.
- Assist dealers with hosting and conducting open houses, clinics, field days and other local customer events.
- Secure and develop both existing and new dealers to meet sales goals for the assigned territory.
- Represent Shivvers Manufacturing in a professional and productive business manner.
- Manages time and duties to fulfill the responsibilities of development of assigned territory.
- The District Sales Manager is expected to be conducting business in their assigned territory Monday thru Friday on a routine basis. Due to the nature of the territory responsibilities the DSM may be required to be traveling or in the territory weekends when necessary.
- Collaborates and communicates with the Sales Manager to provide ongoing feedback on territory opportunities and develop a plan to meet territory goals.
- Demonstrate and train dealer network of benefits, installation and operation of the Shivvers Grain Dryer system and products.
- Acquaint dealers with latest selling techniques and assists dealer sales staff with order and quoting process along with assisting in the completion of sales.
- Conduct sales calls and follow-up on dealer/customer activity regularly to ensure dealer/customer satisfaction.
- Attend dealer functions, trade shows or training to support territory.
- Assist with service related issues and complete site inspections.
- Must be disciplined in completing internal administrative tasks including report preparation and communications requested by Shivvers Manufacturing.
- Adheres to safety requirements.
- High School Diploma required. Sales and/or Marketing degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- 3+ years experience in the Ag Industry.
- 2+ years successful outside sales experience.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Attention to detail with strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational, oral and written communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 20lbs frequently; occasionally lift and/or move up to 50lbs.
- Ability to perform repetitive motions such as bending, walking, reaching with hands, grasping, pushing and pulling.
- Ability to operate and drive company vehicle to customer dealer sites.
- Ability to wear PPE (personal protective equipment) as needed.
Interested applicants may submit information and resume to:
Shivvers Manufacturing, Inc.
614 W. English
Corydon, IA 50060
or email to email@example.com
EOE. Physical and Drug Screen required.