Sales Coordinator (Sign on Bonus Available)
Date Posted: 5/8/2023
Brief Description of Job:
- Receives (by telephone, email, or fax) requests for pricing, orders, and lead times from customers.
- Communicates availability and pricing on standard items, writes orders, and relay pertinent order information to customers.
- Coordinates customer orders and schedules deliveries with other departments to achieve customer satisfaction.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Receives telephone requests for price quotations, orders, order changes, adjustments, and cancellations directly from dealers and distributors. Ensures correct discounts are applied to orders.
- Communicates with customers on, stock availability, order status, and change orders. Achieves and maintains rapport with customers and strives to give them the best possible service.
- Ensures timely and accurate schedule coordination with purchasing and manufacturing regarding deliveries of scheduled shipments. Acts as liaison between customers, domestic and overseas, to ensure orders/shipping deadlines are met.
- Handles the needs of territory salesmen, distributors, sales representatives, and dealers.
- Provides price quotations per request on stock items. Obtains pricing on items not contained in the current price list and contacts customers with current pricing.
- Contacts distributors to locate requested items not in Mfg. stock in order to meet customers’ delivery requirements. Relays this information to the customer.
- Reviews active orders and communicates order changes, schedule changes, partial shipments, and/or order status to inform customers of shipping timelines.
- Reviews retail financing invoices ensuring it is County Clipper equipment and the amount charged for the program is correct. Invoices distributors for their portion accordingly and submit to accounting to the invoice.
- Prepares paperwork (original purchase order, copies of invoice, and return goods memo) to be given to the accounting department for order entry and credit/debit to be issuance.
- Assists customers with part lookup.
- Coordinates part/s returns from customers.
- Manages promotional items inventory for dealer and distributor allocation.
- Provides high-quality customer service.
- Ensures accuracy and efficiency of data entry.
- Supports continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Performs semi-routine duties where some judgment is required when communicating with customers, sales representatives, and inter-company personnel.
- Provides recommendations regarding the improvement of customer sales and retention tools and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining good customer relations. Generally deals with representatives and customers concerning matters that require some tact and resourcefulness. Contacts with other personnel including engineering, purchasing, production control, and manufacturing departments.
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
- Skills/Experience Requirements: Experience in the following elements is required:
- One (1) year of Sales experience or some level of customer service experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Software, especially Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong phone skills and ability to identify and resolve customer issues.
- Excellent organizational and proven verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to prioritize and multitask with strong attention to detail is mandatory.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Ability and willingness to work cooperatively with others.
- Willingness to learn products, policies, and procedures on an ongoing basis.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Ability to perform repetitive motions such as bending, reaching with hands, grasping, and typing.
- Ability to lift up to 15 lbs occasionally.
- Ability to wear PPE (personal protective equipment) as needed. Steel-toed shoes and safety glasses are required when in the factory setting.
The work environment will be primarily a standard office environment but could include an occasional manufacturing shop environment with various noise levels and temperatures ranging from hot to cold depending on the seasons.