Engineering Technician (Sign-On Bonus Available)
Date Posted: 1/9/2023
Location: Corydon, IA
Brief Description of Job:
- Makes prototypes, parts, assemblies, products, tooling, or items as required.
- Completes mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic assembly, testing and other engineering support services.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Makes prototype parts, product, tooling, and assemblies for existing or new products.
- Works from sketches, layouts, or verbal descriptions.
- Designs, schedules, and performs field and/or shop testing to validate new and existing designs.
- Performs product testing for Shivvers and Country Clipper products and accessories to verify that products meet required specifications.
- Compiles test reports that document procedures and communicates results to engineering group.
- Communicates with plant personnel to ensure testing activities correlate with part/product availability.
- Works as a liaison between plant, vendors, engineering and R&D teams to review product specifications and endsure new products are compatible with existing equipment and processes.
- May be required to setup and operate machining operations such as lathes, drill presses, grinders, etc., to make or repair parts.
- Operates testing and inspection equipment both in the field and in the testing shop area.
- Increases skill level and knowledge of current manufacturing processes and product lines to provide suport and increase proficiency.
- Communicates with engineering personnel on issues and projects completed.
- Actively participates in continuous improvement activities.
- Follows safety rules and regulations when performing work assignments and maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Travel to project sites to evaluate and fix product issues, when needed.
- May assits in other areas of Engineering as workload demands change.
- High School diploma or GED required.
Skills/Experience Requirements: Experience in the following elements required:
- Previous work experience in a manufacturing setting, preferred.
- Strong mechanical aptituded and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to understand electrical, mechanical, fluid power and control systems.
- Must be able to use basic hand tools and specialized tools as appropriate.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language.
- Excellent organizational and proven verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task assignments and duties.
- Willingness to learn products, policies and procedures on an ongoing basis.
- Willingness to work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Basic working knowledge of Word & Excel programs preferred.
- CAD modelling/drafting experience preferred, but not required.
- Valid driver's license required.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50lbs.
- Ability to perform repetitive motions such as bending, walking, kneeling, climbing, crouching, reaching with hands, grasping, pushing and pulling.
- Ability to wear PPE (persoanl protective equipment) as needed such as eye/face shields and clothing protection. Steel-toed shoes are required.
- Manufacturing shop environment and project sites with various noise levels and temperatures ranging from hot to cold depending on seasons.
- Occasionally exposed to a variety of outside weather conditions.
- Potential exposure to fumes, airborne particles, dust, and chemical hazards.