Shipping/Receiving Associate (Sign-On Bonus Available)
Date Posted: 1/9/2023
Location: Corydon, IA
Brief Descriptions of Job:
- Prepares shipment orders by processing work orders, locating inventory, pulls materials, and packs material for shipment.
- Receives parts by pulling paperwork, counting for accuracy, processing against purchase orders, and labels parts clearly.
- Transports material to appropriate locations.
- Assembles customer orders from stock and prepares items for shipment(packaging, boxing, crating, labeling, etc.).
- Prepares appropriate shipping documentation for couriers.
- Enters completed and received orders into the database system as needed.
- Receives incoming materials, supplies, equipment, and returned goods. Checks received goods against purchase orders or receiving documentation. Reports damaged goods or shortages.
- Receives Parts.
- Routes and /or delivers materials to sotrage or to the appropriate department/location.
- Operates lift trucks, pallet jacks, or other equipment to move parts to proper locations and loud and unload freight as necessary.
- Assits with department inventory counts and audits, as necessary.
- Properly identifies and locates all parts according to established procedures.
- Communicates any issues with Supervisor.
- Actively participates in continuous improvement activities.
- Follows safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments. Maintains a clean and safe work area.
- Assists in other areas of the department as workload demands change.
- High School diploma or GED preferred, but not required.
- Previous warehouse experience preferred, but not required.
- Previous experience working with UPS Worldwide software preferred, but not required.
- Strong time managment skills with the ability to respond to time-critical issues as needed to meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language.
- Ability to follow verbal instructions and use simple math as needed.
- Basic computer operating skills.
- Ability to stand for long periods of tiem.
- Ability to perform repetitive operations.
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs frequently; occasionally lift and /or move up to 50lbs.
- Ability to perform repetitive motions such as bending, walking, reaching with hands, grasping, pushing and pulling.
- Ability to wear PPE (personal protective equipment) as needed. Steel-toed shoes are required.
- Manufacturing shop environment with various noise levels and temperatures ranging from hot to cold depending on seasons.