Inventory Control Specialist (Sign-On Bonus Available)
Date Posted: 9/30/2022
Location: Corydon, IA
- Coordinates and supervises day to day cycle count activities for the factory ensuring the daily counts maintain efficiency and accuracy.
- Maintains physical inventory by implementing inventory control processes and procedures for all product movements and adjustments.
- Monitors inventory irregularities, researches discrepancies and makes proper adjustments.
- Supervises daily cycle count activities and researches variances.
- Analyzes daily cycle counts and reconciles discrepancies between physical count and inventory record in computer system. Conducts physical warehouse audits/counts to reconcile variances when needed.
- Provides regular reports on cycle counting results and identifies necessary recounts. Reconciles differences promptly in order to minimize impact to customer operations.
- Leads the cycle count functions and year-end physical inventory counts. Researches and resolves discrepancies and recommends adjustments for approval in order to balance inventory.
- Works with various department supervisors and Materials Manager to effectively implement process improvements to proactively optimize overall inventory accuracy.
- Maintain cycle count records and provide reports related to cycle count activity as needed.
- Communicates effectively with supervisors regarding any issues.
- Follows safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments.
- Actively participates in continuous improvement activities.
- High School diploma or GED required. College degree preferred.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing setting with training of inventory control and materials management experience, required.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to respond to time-critical issues as needed to meet deadlines.
- Ability to train and provide direction for staff.
- Ability to communicate effectively and follow verbal instructions.
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, etc.) and email.
- Previous experience working with distribution, manufacturing, or inventory software. Must have the ability to obtain basic knowledge of company software programs.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to perform repetitive operations.
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs occasionally.
- Ability to perform repetitive motions such as bending, walking, reaching with hands, grasping, typing, pushing and pulling.
- Ability to wear PPE (personal protective equipment) as needed such as eye/face shields and clothing protection. Steel-toed shoes are required in factory areas.
- Equal amount of Office environment and Manufacturing shop environment with various noise levels and temperatures ranging from hot to cold depending on seasons.
Interested applicants may apply online or complete the job application and submit to:
Shivvers Manufacturing, Inc.
614 W. English
Corydon, IA 50060
or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
EOE. Physical and Drug Screen required.