Date Posted: 8/30/2021
Location: Corydon, IA
- Assists the Production Manager in overseeing production operations in the plant. Applies learned knowledge of processes involved, production equipment, and machinery used.
- Provides day-to-day supervision and leadership to factory employees in order to meet production deadlines.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Works with Production Manager, Plant Supervisors, and Shipping Department to review production schedules and assignes personnel appropriately to ensure production schedules are met.
- Assists the Quality Manager with continuous quality improvement recommendations and procedures.
- Makes recommendations on production procedure changes. Makes frequent checks on production to ensure quality control of finished products. Implements changes as needed.
- Assists in establishing and modifying operational methods and processes by recommending changes in materials, equipment, and procedures.
- Communicates and works with various other company supervisors, managers, and departments to coordinate operations and activities (Maintenance, Engineering, Quality, Production Control, Shipping, Safety, etc.).
- Responsible for employee relations including work direction of employees, hiring, training, performance reviews, administering company policies and procedures, disciplinary actions, and compensation recommendations.
- Assists with employee accident and safety investigations and makes recommendations for corrective actions or improvements.
- Maintains adequate knowledge of products and equipment to ensure the ability to direct employees to perform their job properly and safely.
- Performs labor edit adjustments for accuracy of time spent on job orders.
- Notifies maintenance personnel on equipment/machinery repairs. Assists with repairs as needed. Makes recommendations for improvements or replacements.
- Works in areas of the production lines, as needed.
- Follows safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments.
- Actively participates in continuous improvement activities.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Previous work in a manufacturing environment, required.
- Previous work in a supervisory role, preferred.
- Previous familiarity with quality improvement principles.
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes in lawn mower/grain dryer or related industry a plus.
- Thorough understanding of or the ability to quickly learn production operations and machinery.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints or instructions.
- Ability to motivate, train, and coach employees to encourage optimum performance and engagement.
- Work effectively with limited direction as well as the ability to work in a team environment and multitask effectively.
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language, communicating effectively.
- Strong organizational, oral and written communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to perform repetitive operations.
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs frequently; occasionally lift and/or move up to 50lbs.
- Ability to perform repetitive motions such as bending, walking, reaching with hands, grasping, pushing and pulling.
- Ability to wear PPE (personal protective equipment) as needed. Steel-toed shoes and safety glasses are required when working in factory or testing areas.
- Environment ranges from an office environment, to a manufacturing shop environment, with various noise levels and temperatures ranging from hot to cold depending on seasons.
Interested applicants may apply online or complete the job application and submit to:
Shivvers Manufacturing, Inc.
614 W. English
Corydon, IA 50060
or email to email@example.com
EOE. Physical and Drug Screen required.