Date Posted: 5/27/2021
Location: Corydon, IA
- Oversees accounting personnel in their day-to-day activities to ensure accuracy, completeness and timeliness of financial recordkeeping.
- Represents the accounting department by working collaboratively with various departments, vendors, and customers to meet business and customer needs or deadlines and assists in resolving related issues.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supports most aspects of accounting management (billing, tax forms, reporting etc.).
- Oversees accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payrol.l
- Ensures that tax reports are filed and paid in a timely manner.
- Assists in the formulation of internal controls and policies to strictly comply with legislation and established best practices.
- Assists in the preparation of financial statements in compliance with official guidelines and requirements.
- Manages journal entries and reconcile accounts for the monthly or annual closing.
- Assists in the preparation of budgets or forecasts.
- Participates in preparation for the annual audit and serve as a liaison to external auditos.
- Helps in development of reports for management or regulatory bodies.
- Reviews the company’s accounting information to identify and resolve inaccuracies or imbalances.
- Utilizes accounting IT system to facilitate processes and maintain records.
- Develops and documents business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- BSc/BA in accounting, finance or relevant field or equivalent years’ experience.
- 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience.
- Previous experience in a supervisory role preferred.
- Solid knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and regulations
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial processes (budgeting, financial closure, reporting etc.).
- Working knowledge of MS365 (esp Excel) and accounting software (Epicor, etc).
- Well-organized with ability to prioritize.
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving ability.
- This is primarily a sedentary role; however, this would occasionally require some repetitive motions such as walking, bending, standing, typing, reaching, pushing and pulling.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 25lbs occasionally.
- Work environment will range from standard office to manufacturing shop environment with various noise levels and temperatures ranging from hot to cold depending on seasons.
Interested applicants may apply online or complete the job application and submit to:
Shivvers Manufacturing, Inc.
614 W. English
Corydon, IA 50060
or email to email@example.com
EOE. Physical and Drug Screen required.