Material Transporter (Sign On Bonus)
Date Posted: 5/27/2021
Location: Corydon, IA
- Transports material or equipment to and from designated areas in the facility.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Uses forklift to transport and deliver materials to various areas in the facility as needed.
- Moves various products to storage and holding areas; pulls materials as needed.
- Ensures loads are secure before moving and before leaving in drop off areas.
- Uses Company’s computer system to record information regarding movements/transfers of materials and supplies.
- Collects cardboard and other scrap material throughout the facility for proper disposal.
- Follows safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments.
- Actively participates in continuous improvement activities.
- May assist in other areas of the factory as workload demands change.
- High School diploma or GED preferred, but not required.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to respond to issues as needed to meet deadlines.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language.
- Ability to follow verbal instructions and use simple math skills as needed.
- Ability to assess weights and judge distances and heights.
- Ability to become forklift certified per OSHA standards.
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs frequently; occasionally lift and/or move up to 50lbs.
- Ability to perform repetitive motions such as bending, walking, reaching with hands, grasping, pushing and pulling.
- Ability to wear PPE (personal protective equipment) as needed such as eye/face shields and clothing protection. Steel-toed shoes are required.
- Manufacturing shop environment with various noise levels and temperatures ranging from hot to cold depending on seasons.
- Regularly sitting on a powered industrial truck.
Interested applicants may apply online or complete the job application and submit to:
Shivvers Manufacturing, Inc.
614 W. English
Corydon, IA 50060
or email to email@example.com
EOE. Physical and Drug Screen required.