Date Posted: 9/23/2020
Location: Corydon, IA
- Keeps buildings in clean and orderly condition. Duties will include cleaning restrooms, breakrooms, office areas and factory areas.
- Performs heavy cleaning duties, such as cleaning floors, shampooing rugs, washing walls and glass, and removing rubbish.
- May make minor carpentry, electrical, mechanical and plumbing repairs as well as occasional touch up and finish painting.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Service, clean, and supply restrooms.
- Gather and empty trash.
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors.
- Dust furniture, walls, machines, or equipment. Clean and polish furniture and fixtures. Replace light bulbs and fixtures.
- Make minor carpentry, electrical, mechanical and plumbing repairs. Performs touch up and finish painting.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
- Strip, seal, finish, and polish floors.
- Steam clean or shampoo carpets.
- Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
- Observe and report items needing major repair and/or potential hazards to supervisor or safety personnel as appropriate.
- Monitors and restocks first aid kits and supplies.
- Requisition supplies or equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Move heavy furniture, equipment, or supplies, either manually or by using hand trucks.
- Set up, arrange, or remove tables, chairs, or ladders, etc. to prepare facilities for events, such as company lunches or meetings.
- Follows safety rules and regulations when performing work assignments.
- High School diploma or GED preferred, but not required.
- Previous custodial experience preferred.
- Prior knowledge of maintaining waxed tile floors preferred.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritize job tasks and requirements.
- Ability to operate cleaning equipment such as vacuums, floor buffers, etc.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision and maintain a high quality of performance. Paying attention to minute details of a project or task.
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language and communicate effectively.
- Ability to follow verbal instructions and use simple math as needed.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to perform repetitive operations.
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs frequently; occasionally lift and/or move up to 50lbs.
- Ability to perform repetitive motions such as bending, walking, reaching with hands, grasping, pushing and pulling.
- Ability to wear PPE (personal protective equipment) as needed such as eye/face shields and clothing protection.
- Incumbent will work both in an office setting as well as a manufacturing shop environment with various noise levels and temperatures ranging from hot to cold depending on seasons.
Interested applicants may apply online or complete the job application and submit to:
Shivvers Manufacturing, Inc.
614 W. English
Corydon, IA 50060
or email to email@example.com
EOE. Physical and Drug Screen required.