Date Posted: 1/6/2020
Location: Corydon, Iowa
The product line of Shivvers Manufacturing Inc. continues to grow and this position is integral to that expansion. Shivvers Manufacturing Inc., headquartered in Corydon, Iowa, has an exciting career opportunity for a motivated individual to join our growing team. We are looking for an experienced Mechanical Engineer to be an important member of a team designing products for grain handling and conditioning, and ZTR lawn mowers.
You will report to the Director of Engineering as an important member of a team that communicates with Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Sales, and Customer Service. Successful applicant will work in both Country Clipper Mower Division and Shivvers Grain Drying System Division.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design improvement on existing products, and new product design for
- Provide technical leadership to the other members of the department.
- Use acquired skills in 3-D product design for initial design development and specifications.
- You will be supported by other members of the department as required, including designers and technical drafting support.
- Interface with the customers to obtain a practical understanding of requirements to design new products and improve existing products to meet the demands of the market.
- Communicate and coordinate with manufacturing staff and procurement specialists to ensure manufacturability and cost control of the finished product.
- Participate in product development testing to validate the design concepts in the development lab, and often with in-field testing.
- The department delivers detailed manufacturing prints, bill of materials and operating instructions for all products and improvements while interfacing with Sales, Manufacturing and procurement to insure an integrated, efficient product roll-out.
- Assignments may be as diverse as designing or sourcing an improved gearbox, determining fuel consumption efficiency of direct fired burners, designing improved grain handling products using improved technology, designing new/improved fans, designing/improving ZTR lawn mowers, and designing new technology products.
Experience with any of the following areas are a plus: dynamic stress analysis; mechanical equipment design; electrical/electronic interfaces; combustion characteristics of Natural Gas/Propane burners; free flowing materials; biological characteristics of grain; a background in grain production or storage.
BSME or an Agricultural Engineering degree with strong mechanical engineering background required. Minimum Five (5) years of engineering design experience in mechanical equipment manufacturing environment with demonstrated success.