Date Posted: 4/3/2019
Location: Corydon, IA
- Provides drafting support to engineering, manufacturing, sales and marketing departments.
- Creates, documents, and maintains part and assembly drawings.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Designs and models products and components accurately in SolidWorks.
- Works from written and verbal direction, sketches, and client specifications.
- Designs and details parts, assemblies and accessories.
- Reviews, evaluates, and provides solutions to design problems.
- Revises manufacturing drawings, components and assemblies, as required.
- Conducts shop and field tests, and prepares evaluation/test reports.
- Creates, updates, and maintains Bill of Materials/Product Structure as required.
- Prepares assembly instructions and product manuals.
- Works with the engineering team and plant personnel to improve the design, manufacturing and assembly process.
- Evaluates and updates manufacturing drawings for clarity and dimensional accuracy.
- Assists in troubleshooting and problem solving by working directly with the design team, production supervisors/managers, and shop floor production team, as needed.
- Travels to project site to evaluate and troubleshoot product issues as needed.
- Maintains constant communication with the supervisor on the status of assigned tasks.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- Associate’s degree in Applied Sciences or Diploma/Certificate in Drafting on Industrial Technology.
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years of CAD modelling/drafting experience.
- High level 3D drafting skills using SolidWorks.
- Familiarity with engineering and manufacturing environment a plus.
- Attention to detail, with strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work from engineering sketches.
- Knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to work effectively with limited direction and supervision.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Strong organizational, oral and written communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to perform repetitive operations.
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs frequently; occasionally lift and/or move up to 50lbs.
- Ability to perform repetitive motions such as bending, walking, reaching with hands, grasping, pushing and pulling.
- Ability to wear PPE (personal protective equipment) as needed such as eye/face shields and clothing protection. Steel-toed shoes are required.
- Incumbent will work both in an office setting as well as a manufacturing shop environment with various noise levels and temperatures ranging from hot to cold depending on seasons.
Interested applicants may apply online or complete the job application and submit to:
Shivvers Manufacturing, Inc.
614 W. English
Corydon, IA 50060
or email to email@example.com
EOE. Physical and Drug Screen required.