Shipping Associate - Sign-On Bonus Eligible
Date Posted: 9/6/2019
Location: Corydon, IA
- Prepares shipment orders by processing work orders, locating inventory, pulls materials, and packs material for shipment.
- Transports material to appropriate locations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assembles customer orders from stock and prepares items for shipment (packaging, boxing, crating, labeling, etc.).
- Prepares appropriate shipping documentation for couriers.
- Enters completed orders into the database system.
- Operates lift trucks, pallet jacks, or other equipment to move parts to proper locations and load and unload freight as necessary.
- Properly identifies and locates all parts according to established procedures.
- Drives Company semi as needed to assist in meeting shipping deadlines.
- Communicates any issues with Supervisor.
- Assists in other areas of the department as needed.
- Follows safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments.
- High School diploma or GED preferred, but not required.
- Previous warehouse experience preferred, but not required.
- Valid commercial driver's license (CDL - Class A), preferred, but not required.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to respond to time-critical issues as needed to meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language.
- Ability to follow verbal instructions and use simple math as needed.
- Basic computer operating skills.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to perform repetitive operations.
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs frequently; occasionally lift and/or move up to 50lbs.
- Ability to perform repetitive motions such as bending, walking, reaching with hands, grasping, pushing and pulling.
- Ability to wear PPE (personal protective equipment) as needed. Steel-toed shoes are required.
- Manufacturing shop environment with various noise levels and temperatures ranging from hot to cold depending on seasons.