Quality Assurance Supervisor
Date Posted: 4/19/2021
Location: Corydon, Iowa
- The Quality Assurance Supervisor plans and coordinates quality control measures as part of Shivvers Continuous Improvement Program. Drives the analysis of field product issues, customer complaints, and production floor quality issues. Leads failure analysis, root cause analysis and prioritizes corrective actions. Leads quality and process improvement activities.
- Provides proactive leadership, direction, and support in the areas of Quality Assurance as an integral part of the Shivvers Continuous Improvement Program.
- Inspires, leads and executes initiatives that enable optimum safety, quality, productivity, delivery and cost performance within the operations of the facility.
- Works closely with and assists in manufacturing and mechanical Engineering projects as part of the company’s strategic product development and production improvement plan.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides direction by demonstrating and taking a hands-on role to Quality System programs, processes, and procedures to successfully ensure implementation and function as designed throughout the operation.
- Responsible for the formulation and conducting of the testing procedures for quality checking.
- Will ensure customer satisfaction and improve products and processes through the analysis and correction of product failures which occur in the field and process failures which occur in-house.
- Ensures quality satisfaction by analyzing feedback from customers.
- Coordinates and monitors supply chain quality with Engineering and Purchasing.
- Collaborates with Engineering, Manufacturing Engineer and Production Manager in developing best manufacturing practices and use metrics to monitor the effectiveness of manufacturing processes
- Regularly monitors production and machinery to ensure the quality of end-product.
- Process for the disposition of non-conforming or deviated materials.
- Will be required to fit or assemble fabricated parts together to assess effectiveness of assembly methods, training, and documentation; and modify processes accordingly.
- Constantly strives to eliminate waste and improve customer satisfaction via continuous improvement methodologies.
- Establishes a collaborative working team relationship that will support and foster cultural change efforts necessary to achieve organizational goals and an environment of continuous improvement.
- Leads production associates, team leaders, and cross-functional teams on routine basis.
- Follows safety rules and regulations when performing work assignments.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- BSc/BA in Business Administration, Engineering or Applied Sciences or a 2-year technical degree with demonstrated ability with 5 years’ experience in a Manufacturing environment.
- Proven experience in Quality Assurance or relevant role.
- Thorough knowledge of methodologies of quality assurance and standards.
- Excellent numerical skills and understanding of data analysis/statistical method.
- Ability to prepare reports and documentation.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office and databases.
- Strong oral, and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities with attention to detail and result driven approach.
- Reliable and Trustworthy.
- Demonstrated ability to operate and read various metrology tools, including but not limited to: calipers, micrometers, height gauge, depth gauge.
- Familiarization with ERP system operations.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as technical specifications and professional journals.
- Certification of quality control is a strong advantage (ISO 9000 etc.).
- Must be able to stand from six (6) to eight (8) hours per day.
- Ability to perform activities including bending, stooping, standing, lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to wear PPE (personal protective equipment) as needed such as eye/face shields and clothing protection. Steel-toed shoes are required.