Maintenance Tech - 1st Shift
Date Posted: 8/30/2021
Location: Corydon, IA
- Performs or assists in a variety of duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment. Performs routine maintenance and service as needed.
- Assists with general building and grounds maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs mechanic skills including mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of equipment.
- Reads and interprets equipment manuals to perform required maintenance and service.
- Performs routine and preventative maintenance on plant machines, equipment and facilities.
- Diagnosis problems, replaces or repairs parts, tests and makes adjustments to equipment as necessary.
- Uses a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Performs general building and grounds maintenance to include snow removal, lawn mowing, minor electrical repairs, carpentry, painting, plumbing, etc.
- May be required to setup and operate machining operations such as lathes, drill presses, grinders, etc., to make or repair parts.
- Communicates with plant personnel on repair issues and projects completed.
- Follows safety rules and regulations when performing work assignments and maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- High School diploma or GED required.
Skills/Experience Requirements: Experience in the following elements required:
- Previous work experience in facility maintenance preferred.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and problem solving skills.
- Ability to understand electrical, mechanical, fluid power and control systems.
- Must be able to use basic hand tools and specialized tools as appropriate.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language.
- Excellent organizational and proven verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task assignments and duties.
- Willingness to learn products, policies and procedures on an ongoing basis.
- Willingness to work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Valid driver’s license preferred.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50lbs.
- Ability to perform repetitive motions such as bending, walking, kneeling, climbing, crouching, reaching with hands, grasping, pushing and pulling.
- Ability to wear PPE (personal protective equipment) as needed such as eye/face shields and clothing protection. Steel-toed shoes are required.
- Manufacturing shop environment with various noise levels and temperatures ranging from hot to cold depending on seasons.
- Occasionally exposed to a variety of outside weather conditions.
- Potential exposure to fumes, airborne particles, dust, and chemical hazards.