Welder - 1st Shift
Date Posted: 8/11/2020
Location: Corydon, IA
Performs a variety of welding functions in order to secure pieces of metal together by reading blueprints and job specifications. Layouts, positions, aligns, and secures work pieces together.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reads and interprets blueprints and machine drawings to determine specific welding requirements.
- Welds components in flat, vertical or overhead positions.
- Examines weld for bead size and other specifications. Chips off excess weld, slag, and spatter.
- Repairs broken or cracked parts.
- Positions work pieces together as directed by clamping, holding, lifting or moving.
- Tacks assemblies together.
- Notifies supervisor of any necessary repair or maintenance on welding equipment.
- Follows safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments.
- Performs work in a neat and orderly fashion and maintains a clean work area.
- High School diploma or GED preferred, but not required.
- Previous welding experience in a manufacturing setting preferred with a solid understanding of welding equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints or instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language.
- Basic computer operating skills.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to perform repetitive operations.
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs frequently; occasionally lift and/or move up to 50lbs.
- Ability to perform repetitive motions such as bending, walking, reaching with hands, grasping, pushing and pulling.
- Ability to wear PPE (personal protective equipment) as needed such as eye/face shields and clothing protection. Steel-toed shoes are required.
- Manufacturing shop environment with various noise levels and temperatures ranging from hot to cold depending on seasons.