Sheet Metal Worker (2nd Shift) - Sign-On Bonus Eligible
Date Posted: 10/23/2019
Location: Corydon, IA
Performs fabricating and assembly operations on sheet metal products. Sets up and operates fabricating machines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives work orders. Selects types and gauges of sheet metal according to product specifications.
- Sets up and operates sheet metal fabrication machines. Programs computer controlled systems.
- Inspects individual parts and assemblies for conformance specifications.
- Makes custom pieces as needed.
- Maintains equipment, making repairs and modifications when necessary.
- Loads and unloads product to machines as needed.
- Communicates effectively with supervisors regarding any product/machine issues.
- Follows safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments.
- Performs work in a neat and orderly fashion and maintains a clean work area.
- High School diploma or GED preferred, but not required.
- Previous sheet metal experience in a manufacturing setting preferred.
- Previous experience working in a team based environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively and read and interpret documents such as blueprints or instructions.
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language.
- Basic computer operating skills.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to perform repetitive operations.
- Ability to lift up to 35lbs frequently; occasionally lift and/or move up to 75lbs.
- Ability to perform repetitive motions such as bending, twisting/turning, reaching, walking, reaching with hands, grasping, pushing and pulling.
- Ability to wear PPE (personal protective equipment) as needed such as eye/face shields and clothing protection. Steel-toed shoes are required.
- Manufacturing shop environment with various noise levels and temperatures ranging from hot to cold depending on seasons.