Machine Operator - 1st & 2nd Shifts
Date Posted: 9/23/2020
Location: Corydon, IA
Setup and operate Computer Numeric Control (CNC) machine centers and lathes.
- Read and interpret blueprints, sketches, or product specifications to determine sequence and methods of fabrication, assembling, and installing products.
- Set up and operation of CNC machines.
- Inspects machined parts for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments, such as calipers, dial indicators, bore gauges, and micrometers.
- Trims, files, grinds, and smooths surfaces using hand tools and power tools.
- Actively participates in continuous improvement activities.
- Maintains work area in a neat and orderly fashion. Works safely, and complies with all established safety rules and work practices.
- Performs routine or repetitive operations in a manner which will consistently meet quality requirements and production standards.
- Previous experience with Computer Numeric Control (CNC) machining preferred (Lathes and Mills).
- Prior knowledge and experience in reading and understanding blueprints, manuals, and working with computers.
- Familiarity with Quality Control, and working with calipers and micrometers.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds frequently.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, with normal range of motions (bending, stooping, kneeling, etc.).
- Steeled toe shoes required.