Paint Room Worker - Sign-On Bonus Eligible
Date Posted: 1/3/2019
Location: Corydon, IA
- Ensures that tools and materials are available for painting. Prepares a variety of surfaces for painting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Load and unload materials from overhead conveyor in the quantity and sequence required.
- Prepares and cleans a variety of surfaces to be finished.
- Report defective materials or questionable conditions to supervisor. Recommend refinish and touch up as needed.
- Assists with the movement of finished goods to designated holding areas.
- Periodically checks for parts availability.
- Assists with the cleaning/maintenance of the Paint Room area as needed.
- Support and participate in assignments in other areas as workload demands change.
- High School diploma or GED preferred, but not required.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to respond to time-critical issues as needed to meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language.
- Ability to follow verbal instructions and use simple math as needed.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to perform repetitive operations.
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs frequently; occasionally lift and/or move up to 50lbs.
- Ability to perform repetitive motions such as bending, walking, reaching with hands, grasping, pushing and pulling.
- Ability to wear PPE (personal protective equipment) as needed such as eye/face shields and clothing protection. Steel-toed shoes are required.
- Manufacturing shop environment with various noise levels and temperatures ranging from hot to cold depending on seasons.