Date Posted: 8/11/2017
Location: Corydon, IA
Shivvers Manufacturing Inc., headquartered in Corydon, Iowa, has an exciting career opportunity for a motivated individual to join our growing team.
The Product Designer will work collaboratively with the engineering and manufacturing departments to improve product design and manufacturing/assembly processes of Country Clipper Zero Turn Mowers. This individual will also be responsible for designing and specifying parts, assembled components, and accessories.
- Design and model products and components in SolidWorks accurately.
- Prepare and maintain accurate Bills of Materials.
- Review, evaluate and troubleshoot design problems.
- Assist in supporting new and existing designs by gathering information and producing drawings.
- Conduct shop and field tests and prepare evaluation/test reports.
- Work from written and verbal directions, sketches, and customer specifications.
- Create, document, and maintain parts and assembly instructions.
- Revise manufacturing drawings for various components and assemblies, as required.
- Evaluate and update manufacturing drawings for clarity and dimensional accuracy.
- Assist with troubleshooting and problem solving by working directly with the design team, production supervisors/managers, and shop floor production team as needed.
- Maintain constant communication with the supervisor on the status of assigned tasks.
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes in lawn mower or related industry a plus.
- High level of proficiency drafting in 3D environment using SolidWorks.
- Attention to detail. Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to work from engineering sketches.
- Work effectively with limited direction as well as the ability to work in a team environment and multitask efficiently.
- Strong organizational, oral and written communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Bachelor ’s degree in Engineering or Associate’s degree in Applied Science required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of CAD modelling/drafting experience.
For more information about Shivvers Manufacturing, please visit our website at www.shivvers.com
Position offers professionally competitive compensation and benefits package, including 401k, medical and dental insurance.
Interested applicants may complete the job application or forward resume and references to: Shivvers Manufacturing Inc.
614 W. English
Corydon, IA, 50060
or email to email@example.com
EOE. Physical and Drug Screen required.