Assembler - 1st Shift
Date Posted: 4/3/2018
Location: Corydon, IA
Assembles parts, components or systems according to specified work orders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, specifications, and parts lists; gathering parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials. Secures parts and general assemblies to exact specifications.
- Follows detailed assembly instructions in order to perform a series of operations to construct assemblies.
- Assembles components by examining connections for correct fit; fastens parts and subassemblies. Makes corrections on defective parts or requests assistance from Supervisor.
- Uses material handling equipment (hand tools, portable tools, hoists) to move parts, components and subassemblies from one work or storage area to another as required.
- Prepares and completes orders for delivery or pick up as needed; crates, wraps, packs, labels, logs, etc.
- Follows safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments.
- Performs work in a neat and orderly fashion and maintains a clean work area.
Requirements: Experience in the following elements required
- Previous assembly experience in a manufacturing setting preferred.
- Previous experience working in a team base environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively and read and interpret documents.
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language.
- Basic computer operating skills.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to perform repetitive operations.
- Ability to lift up to 35lbs. frequently; occasionally lift and/or move up to 75lbs.
- Ability to perform repetitive motions such as bending, walking, reaching with hands, grasping, pushing and pulling.
- Ability to wear PPE (personal protective equipment) as needed such as eye and hearing protection.
- Manufacturing shop environment with various noise levels and temperatures ranging from hot to cold depending on seasons.