Date Posted: 2/8/2017
Location: Corydon, IA
Setup and operate Computer Numeric Control (CNC) machine centers and lathes.
- Read and interpret blueprints, sketches, or product specifications to determine sequence and methods of fabrication, assembling, and installing products.
- Set up and operation of CNC machines.
- Inspects machined parts for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments, such as calipers, dial indicators, bore gauges, and micrometers.
- Trims, files, grinds, and smooths surfaces using hand tools and power tools.
- Actively participates in continuous improvement activities.
- Maintains work area in a neat and orderly fashion. Works safely, and complies with all established safety rules and work practices.
- Performs routine or repetitive operations in a manner which will consistently meet quality requirements and production standards.
- Previous experience with Computer Numeric Control (CNC) machining preferred (Lathes and Mills).
- Prior knowledge and experience in reading and understanding blueprints, manuals, and working with computers.
- Familiarity with Quality Control, and working with calipers and micrometers.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds frequently.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, with normal range of motions (bending, stooping, kneeling, etc.).
- Steeled toe shoes required.
Position offers professionally competitive compensation and benefits package, including 401k, medical and dental insurance.
Interested applicants may complete the job application or forward resume and references to:
Shivvers Manufacturing, Inc.
614 W. English
Corydon, IA 50060
or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
EOE. Physical and Drug Screen required.