Date Posted: 11/17/2016
Location: Corydon, IA
Shivvers Manufacturing, a reputable and growing company, is seeking a Service Technician in their zero turn mower and grain management divisions. This small, yet diversified manufacturing company is searching for an individual to assist with technical support, warranty review and parts order services. Shivvers Manufacturing has been an innovative leader in the grain drying market for nearly 50 years and the outdoor power equipment market for over 30 years.
Due to the seasonality of the product lines, primary duties will fluctuate throughout the year. This position will offer the opportunity to work with both the Country Clipper Zero Turn Mower and Shivvers Grain Drying Sales and Service Departments. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide technical support to Country Clipper Mower distributors, dealers and customers and Shivvers Grain Dryer dealers and customers
- Conduct service training to ensure dealerships are properly trained to service and maintain Country Clipper and Shivvers equipment.
- Continue to develop and search for improved methods to provide service information and training to distributor and dealer service personnel.
- Assist with difficult customer issues
- Provide assistance identifying parts and relay accurate part information, often via phone conversations.
- Makes quotations on standard items, writes orders and relays pertinent information to customers as required. Uses a computer to retrieve customer information, stock status and order status, ensuring correct codes are used for retrieving and inputting information.
- Achieves and maintains rapport with customers and works to give them the best possible service.
- Prepares paperwork for RMA’s (Return Material Authorization) using original purchase order, copy of invoice and return goods memo to be submitted to accounting for credit or debit to be issued.
- Assists in authorized receipt of customer returned merchandise.
- Administer parts returned under warranty and assure issues are communicated to appropriate departments.
- Train dealerships on the proper warranty process and procedures.
- Review and approve warranty claims from dealers.
- Assist with the administration of goodwill policy in the best interest of Country Clipper and Shivvers, the customer and the dealership using prudent judgment.
- Assist other departments as needed or requested.
- Work with dealerships to maintain customer satisfaction using all available resources to ensure brand loyalty.
- Performs semi-routine duties where some judgment is required when communicating with customers, sales representatives and inter-company personnel.
Experience in the following elements required:
- Experience in the OPE, construction, industrial or agricultural equipment industry.
- Excellent communication skills to be able to converse with dealers and customers via phone and email, develop written reports and provide instruction and guidance to dealer service support personnel.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language.
- Skilled at problem resolution.
- Ability to remain tactful in challenging and argumentative situations.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Programs (i.e. Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook)
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
Additional Experience Desired:
- Knowledge of dealership operations.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, technical manuals, parts manuals, etc.
For more information about Country Clipper and Shivvers Mfg. please visit our websites at www.countryclipper.com and www.shivvers.com
Position offers professionally competitive compensation and benefits package, including 401k, medical and dental insurance.
Interested applicants may forward resume and references to:
Shivvers Manufacturing, Inc.
614 W. English
Corydon, IA 50060
or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
EOE. Physical and Drug Screen required.